Thursday, August 12, 2010

How do i get my hair in messy curls with short/medium length hair?

So my hair is about an inch or two below my shoulders and pretty hard to style. When i straighten it, it just goes wavy, and when i try to curl it, it either goes out of control, or just looks really flat/wavy and dull. It is very very very thick and really frizzy and poofy. it's flat against my head and then gets wider and frizzier as it goes down. The bottom half of my hair is tight ringlet curly, and then the top layers are just a frizzy half wavy. It's really hard to explain.





Straightening takes FOREVER. like really, it takes me about two hours, and i dont like my hair straight. it's just not me. So i tried curling it with a curling iron.... yeah. not working. it turns out pretty, but it takes too long, and the curls fall out so easily no matter how much hairspray or whatever products i use. Curling it with a flat iron also doesn't work. It just pulls on my head and doesn't even curl my hair. Scrunching my hair just gets it way too out of control. Hot rollers dont work either. and i have tried putting in curlers at night, the bobby pin curls technique, and the bun on my head. they all dont work!!!!





I just want to get the cute messy loose curls look, and i have spent a lot of time trying to achieve it. And i really want to find a way. If you could tell me what videos to watch or what to do step by step that would help!!!!





THANKS!!!!How do i get my hair in messy curls with short/medium length hair?
idkHow do i get my hair in messy curls with short/medium length hair?
Ok, so I think the book, ';Curly Girl'; by Lorraine Massey would REALLY help you. It is a LIFE SAVER!!! I have the same problem as you, and my hair is crazy, out of control and girl you better believe curly curly! It gives you tips on making your hair beautifully curly all the time. I REALLY advise you buy it. You can get it from Amazon for about 15-ish bucks.





General tips for curly/wavy hair:





1. NEVER brush it when it's dry


2. You HAVE to use a leave in conditioner/gel when it is dry to keep it from being frizzy, it's the only way


3. Buy a curl definer, it will define your curls, so you don't have a wavy mess


4. Only shampoo at the max 3 times a week (shampooing strips your hair of it's natural oils and nutrients). Condition a lot every day.





*Fun Fact- your hair gets 15% thicker when it's humid*





I know what you mean about the straightening, it looks pretty but it just doesn't feel like me.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment