Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do you do ringlet curls?

I have wavy/straight medium length hair and I want to do ringlets. I have a Revlon curling iron. I would say it's a pretty cheap hair iron. Is there such a thing as a ringlet iron? And if not, how would I do my hair with a iron. I tried using the iron by taking a small strand of hair and wrapping it around the curling iron and then unwrapping it slowly. All that did was curl the end strand of my hair... I heard that bobby pins work; you just have to keep them in all night and then unwrap them in the morning. Does that work? If I got a perm would that make my hair really short, and how long would it stay in?How do you do ringlet curls?
RINGLET CURLS:


1. Heat up a curling iron [thickness according to how tight you want the curls to be---thin iron=tight curls, thick iron=looser curls] according to your hair texture and thickness [there should be information on this in the directions that come with the curling iron. If not, ask your hairstylist].


2. Wrap 1 to 2 inch sections around the iron [again depending on thickness of hair]. Keep the barrel closed to avoid creases and the curling iron straight up.


3. The amount of time you hold the curling iron there depends again on the thickness of your hair and how obedient it is. Try holding for ten seconds, and if that doesn't do it, then keep adding a few seconds on until you get the right curl. Trial and error!


4. I would reccomend working in sections. Start with your hair half-up-half-down and curl the bottom half of your hair first. It's the same concept you use to straighten your hair. Work in sections, starting from the bottom, working your way up.


5. I would also reccomend having your hair stylist show you how to do this first, perhaps have her write down instructions and key tips to remember, before you try it at home.





Good luck!How do you do ringlet curls?
curl you hair with a ringlet curler....thats what i do and itt works very well. the revlon curling iron does not work for ringlet curls but it is great if you want just a little bit of a wave. there is such thing as a ringlet iron....i own it!
  • live.com
  • Fashion Jewelry Necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment