Thursday, August 19, 2010

HELP!!! My hair won't stay curled!?

I have naturally curly hair and it's pretty long, just a little shorter than the middle of my back when its straight. It's also thick and layered. I want to curl my hair with a curling iron but it won't stay! I've tried gel, hairspray, more hairspray, and mousse. Does anyone know how I can curl it and make it stay without it basically falling flat I guess you could say.HELP!!! My hair won't stay curled!?
I would get a curling iron that gets pretty hot and then thin your ends a bit with thinning shears. I think what is happening is that although you have naturally curly hair, it is heavy and it probably gets too weighed down. I also would avoid any heavy conditioners when you want your hair to stay curly. Don't touch your hair as lotion residue can make it fall flat.HELP!!! My hair won't stay curled!?
I have the same problem, It might not be the product in you're hair, but the actually curling iron. If yours is old or doesn't heat up well, you might need a new one.
ok I see the first problem there, don't use gel or mousee at all, it will ruin the curls. And don't use too much hair spray!! This is a mistake everyone makes, including me. My hairdresser told me that most hairsrays won't actually hold the curl but make them looser because it softens your hair. You also shouldn't use anything right before you curl it. I used to spray each strand and then curl but that's bad! It is important that your hair isn't dry and lacks moisture as this may be a reason your hair won't curl. But instead of adding gels and hairspray right before do it a few hours before you know you're going to curl it. I usually use hairspray the night before then curl it in the morning. Also always make sure your hair is completely dry before you curl. If your curls still don't say try doing a wet set them in rollers instead. It takes more time but the curls last longer. Good luck!
Have you tried braiding it at night, and then sleeping on it but when you braid it, make sure you put curl inhansing cream in it. That always works for me!! :D
after a shower, towle dry your hair so its still wet but not driping, then take a small piece of hair then twist, twist into a circle on the top of ur head and pin it there, do this all over ur head then sleep with it when u wake-up take all te pins out if ur hair is COMPLETLY dry. this will only gve u REALLY curly hair if u take small pieces. when your asleep u might want to wear a towel on your head so if some of the pins come out they dont go in ur bed. remember that curls make ur hair shorter. u need LOTS of pins for this. dont use hair spary until after u take them out.
Cut some length off and into long layers. The weight of your hair is pulling the curl out. Try a curling shampoo and products for curl.
First curling irons does not make great curls. You will need to use hair rollers and a setting lotion to achieve what you want curls that will last all day until night. Using to much gels and hair sprays causes the hair to become hard, stiff and when you try to comb out your hair you will end up breaking it off.





I use the plastic magnetic rollers with the smooth barrel and a bottle of setting lotion to have great curls that do last. My curls has plenty of body and they are soft and have plenty of shine and not dry looking. It is also easy to comb out without all the breakage.
have you tried ';steam rollers or a steam curling iron';?.... with longer hair, the steam acts as a setting agent. much like using rollers and sitting under a hooded dryer. and the steam is less drying on the hair than just a regular curling iron.
Have you tried using heated curlers? I just bought some for myself and they are awesome. I wish I would have bought them a long time ago.
I had the same problem with mine. I wanted it to be curlier so I tried every product in the book. I'd suggest getting it cut so your hair wouldn't be weighed down as much, and use creme's instead of harmful hairsprays and things that only weight your hair down further.
I have the same problem, what i do is let is dry naturaly, and i always get a hair elastic just in-case!!!
MAYBE BECAUSE YOUR HAIR IS TOO THICK!
try curling wax and mousse and change the curling iron then you have to take your time and curl the hair layer by layer

No comments:

Post a Comment