Saturday, August 21, 2010

Help with Filipino/Black hair...

I'm mixed so my natural hair is just really really curly. I get relaxer every 6 months from the salon and I straighten my hair most days. My hair has alot of split ends and stuff. I use Herbal Essence hydration S/C and it made my hair smell good. I always go for the side swept bangs and sometimes I'd curl my hair with the curling iron. My hair is alittle bit longer than my shoulder but it looks choppy and uneven and it makes me mad. The top layer of my hair is shorter than the bottom and the ends doesn't seem to get straight no matter how many time I straighten them and the bottom layers are just longer.


I'm gonna get my hair done again at the end of this month, what kind of hairstyle should I have?Help with Filipino/Black hair...
Well, I think you should wear your hair curly more often. I am mixed with Asian %26amp; black also and I always wear my hair curly.. I probably could straighten it more than I do, but curls are gorgeous. And stop getting relaxers if you're going to straighten your hair. The chemical %26amp; heat isn't helping with the split ends %26amp; stuff.





As for the hair cut, it depends if you're going to wear it curly or not. If you are, I suggest long layers. And if you're going to keep straightening it, you can pretty much get whatever.. I think side-swept bangs with layers would look pretty. (:


Also, you said your hair is uneven? I'm sure the people know what they're doing, but is your hair straight when they cut it? They can't cut it curly or your hair will be choppy.





Now a question for you, lol. Does the Herbal Essence Hello Moisture work? I tried the trial size %26amp; liked it, but I want to see how well it'll work long term.








Hope I helped %26amp; good luck!








-edit-





Oh, I read your question wrong! You said hairstyle! Uh, well if you straighten it, you could do almost anything. Down with bangs, or half up half down, the little bump at the front %26amp; pulled back in a ponytail, a regular ponytail (side, or straight back), braids or French braids (side, two pigtails, straight back), %26amp; tons more. If you keep it curly, ponytail, leave it down, different kinds of buns, braid/French braid, ect. Just be creative. (:Help with Filipino/Black hair...
you should wear your hair in curls....it will hide tha choppyness of your hair
well there are all kindz of ways you do your hair! you could wear it with a head band [down]. Or if you want the little girl look, wear it in 2 ponytails with a bang if you prefer. 1/2 up 1/2 down... umm..... in a high pony tail, just down um in a clip...











hope this helps











-kierra s.
wow you just described my hair lol, the thing with our type of hair is that before we started growing our hair long, our hair was already uneven, so your hair being all choppy and stuff and uneven is it growing out.. eventually your hair will be even but its gonna take a while.. if the choppy/uneven hair is already the desired length you want it to be then just cut the back part of your hair so it meets up with the choppy layered part.. for me, my bottom part of my hair is longer and the front of it is layered.. and no i didnt cut it to make it layered.. i ALWAYS get asked that.. the back of my hair is 2inches past my shoulders and the front of my hair gradually goes shorter and shorter.. the shortest part is the bang top front of my hair which just touches my chin.. anyways right now im wearing braids as my ';protective style'; untill my hair reaches my desired length... if i were you i would stop straightening your hair and only relax your hair once a year or twice a year.. The best hairstyle aka ';protective hairstyle'; to prevent breakage is wearing braids, twistouts, cainrows, tree braids and kinky twists..





check out these sites they have LOTS of information for mixed/ african american hair.








http://growafrohairlong.com/





http://healthytextures.ning.com/





http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/default.鈥?/a>





http://coarsehair.blogspot.com/2007/12/h鈥?/a>
I agree, you should get some sort of permed curls or something. Or,if you don't mind straightening it everyday, layers may also look really nice.





Curly:


http://www.hairstyles53.com/wp-content/u鈥?/a>





Layers:


http://www.wilshirewigs.com/graphics/wig鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment