Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I get wavy hair?

I have a very boring, blah haircut and this coming weekend (Easter) I'm going to get it cut shorter but cuter with more body, etc.





I want to add some waves into it to make it even more feminine, but I don't have a curling iron and don't want to spend tons of money.





Are there any gels that can give you wavy hair? My hair is straight/somewhat frizzy.How do I get wavy hair?
Well you're not giving us much to work with..





If you don't want to use curlers or an iron I suggest washing your hair the night before and sectioning it off (the bigger the section the loose the wave). Twist the section in a bun and secure. Sleep. Untwist the buns and shake them out.





I would try it a day before so you don't wake up and find out that you hate your hair wavy. Plus, if it looks good, you don't need to wash your hair again (since its better to wash it every other day anyways).How do I get wavy hair?
You want waves, get a perm. If you don't want a perm, get a wave curling iron. It works. Don't want to buy a curling iron, use large rollers. Don't want to buy rollers, set your hair with frozen orange juice cans.. wash them first ! Or - I used to use rags. Just tie rags in your hair. Roll the hair around the rag, sleep on it over night and voila ! You will have waves !


Tear up a pillow case to get 4'; size pieces of rags.
overnight curlers.
Depending on what size waves you want or a mixture do different sized braids all through out your hair after taking a shower and go to sleep like that. take them out when there dry and add a lil gel to hold it in.
I use the Garnier anti-frizz liquid stuff. Then I do the traditional braiding routine. If that doesn't work for you theres alway mousse except for it tends to make your hair look more crimpy and wet instead of the nice waves your looking for.
You can add some wave to your hair by braiding it while it is wet and letting it dry overnight (add product if you want). The tighter the braid, the tighter the wave. For a more retro look, try pin curls. (Google it and you will see better explanations than I can provide.)





And don't forget, always test out a new hairstyle or cut BEFORE a big event!
i would say try curling moose for the natural curls or rollers!!!
with damp hair, run your fingers through your hair with gel





then hairspray and run your fingers through again, that should get you wavy hair

No comments:

Post a Comment