Thursday, August 19, 2010

How do I curl my hair?

I'm 14, and I will be promoting from middle school in June. I want a pretty hairstyle for this occasion, but I don't have any experience with styling hair. My hair is straight, layered, and goes a little past my armpits. I have my heart set on curls for promotion, so here are some of my questions:





1.) What is a quality curling iron that I can easily purchase at Target? And what diameter works best for not too tight but not too loose curls? I am planning to spend anywhere from $20 to $40 on an iron. This will be my first-ever iron.





2.) Will my layered hair be easier or harder to curl than normal hair? I have three different layers, and my shortest one goes a little bit past my ears.





3.) What are some good curling techniques and tips?





4.) What can I use to hold up my hair to last through the whole day?





Thank you!How do I curl my hair?
You will discover that curling your hair is all about the motion of your wrist. I wouldnt reccomend a flat iron, since this is your 1st hot curler. Get at least a 1 inch diameter curling iron. If you are gonna go to Target or Wal-Mart, I would suggest something ionic/ ceramic by Revlon. For layered hair I would suggest that you go for a loose spiral curl look. Spiral curls look better when you place the part of your hair that is closest to the root in the curler and begin to twist and open the curling iron to let the hair in, finally getting to the tip of the hair. If you place the end of your hair in the curling iron first and then twist it around the curler, the curls would be looser and have the potential of str8ing out faster. Use a simple hair spritz that is in an aerosol can not a spray bottle, for a more even hold.How do I curl my hair?
i would use a big curling iron like the biggest one you can find because they tend to make the curls bigger which make them looser. i think its a tiny bit harder to curl it with layers but not that bad. to make it last through the day... i would use hairspray and maybe use mousse before you start curling it and when your hair is towel dried and still kinda wet.
the best diameter is probaly one inch, maybe smaller (a little bit). you want one that can get up to VERY high temperatures those are better because they work faster and hold the curl longer with less effort.





your hair will be harder to curl because its long and layered but not to to bad. just make sure to do it layer by layer not random sections.





some tips are after u r done spray hair spray on a tissue and lightly run the tissue (flat) over your curls to make the frizz go away





you can use super hold hairspray to keep it in for most of the day if you want loose curls and not ringlets ruun your fingers through your hair ater you curl it to make them seperate and be looser





have fun!
  • live.com
  • Fashion Jewelry Necklace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment