Thursday, August 19, 2010

How to get curls/waves in ALREADY thick/curly hair?

I have very thick hair that is naturally curly (sometimes it reminds me of the 80s looks). I want to wear my hair down for an event and want it to look good. Mousse leaves it greasy looking and not exactly what I want it to look like. If I want hair that looks like these pictures what do you think would be best?


http://www.notablebiographies.com/news/i鈥?/a>


http://gfx.download-by.net/screen/167/16鈥?/a>


http://www.oceleb.com/img/hilary-duff/hi鈥?/a> I'm thinking if I straighten it then use curlers or a larger curling iron it might work without going crazy. What is your suggestion? I've looked but it's difficult to find out how to curl already curly hair (if you get what I'm saying). I know I have plenty of wonderful body in my hair to pull off the look...it's just that the hair often goes crazy or the curls go away and I'm left with thick/poof hair. PS My hair is a bit past my shoulders and I have shorter side bangs.How to get curls/waves in ALREADY thick/curly hair?
I have hair just like yours. What I do is exactly what you said. You'll need to blow dry your hair straight FIRST and then use a wide curling iron or rollers. Use a little smoothing gel and spray gentle when you have the look you want.





But I would go and have someone to do it for you if you can and bring the pics with you. It's tough to do the back on your own. Good luck. I bet you'll be gorgeous. Go curls!How to get curls/waves in ALREADY thick/curly hair?
But they all pretty much (minus a couple) sound good. I dunno. Thanks.

Report Abuse



Dont use an iron.


Use large rollers.
I have curly hair as well. When want to wear it curly but not my natural curls I use a spiral iron and go over my natural curls to define and loosen them.
omg, i love avril lavigne she is so cool





i'm with a sk8ter boi i said see ya later boi he wasn't good enough for lalalalalalalala





lol
Don't straighten and re-curl your hair. You already have curls (lucky girl!!) so you need to learn how to work with them and reduce your frizz. Aveda has a line called ';Be Curly'; which should work well for you. Their Brilliant Humectant pomade would also keep your curls but get rid of the frizz. Check out the links below...
take a shower. brush your hair out with a comb. Then scrunch your hair. That's how you get the waves. Or you can dry your hair with a drying straightener then scrunch it when its still a little wet.
-Read the book and visit the site below about curly hair. I did and my once horrible curly hair is now virtually frizz-free ringlets. Now I get compliments on my hair all the time! Straighten your hair- be happy for a day, learn to manage your curly hair- be happy for life!


- To style your hair using the curly-girl method you will need gel and conditioner at the minimum. Some less useful, but still nice stuff would be a blowdryer, a diffuser, butterfly clips, and a microfiber hair turban.


-The main philosophy of the curly-girl method is to not use shampoo. This may sound unhygenic but it has actually made my hair less oily and dandruffy. Shampoos contain some of the same chemicals found in laundry detergent. They dry out curly hair.


- Massaging of the scalp with conditioner to remove dirt is all that is needed. Then rinse and spread conditioner on the outside layer of hair and the hair at the nape of your neck. Gently comb tangles out with your fingers or a wide toothed comb and rinse. For looser curls it is also important to use gel on sopping wet hair and scrunch the hair. Then let your hair air dry or use a blowdryer with a diffuser.


- I really like the garnier fructis products. Aussie products works great too, but there are more conditioners, gels, etc. on the website. Frizz-ease hair serum is amazing for fighting frizz.


- This takes 2 to 4 weeks begin working.This is hard to do if you don't read the book, or at least the website. Hope this helps!


http://www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/


Curly girl by Loirane Massey


http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/v鈥?/a>
Straighten your hair with an iron or blow dry straight after washing.(blow drying curly hair will make it wavy)
I have very curly hair too.. When I want a softer curl I wash it then put a sylicone lotion on, rap it back up in the towel until I finish putting my make-up on. Then blow dry it as straight as I can get it, then I take medium sections of hair and use a large curling iron on it.. It turns out to be soft curls.. Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment