Monday, August 16, 2010

Hair Extensions for short hair?

I have short hair and I would like to get hair extensions for my wedding. July 25! I just don't know what kind I should get. I know there are different kinds but are there some that will last months and that I can style with a curling iron?...will they damage my hair if I get them and leave them in for a long time? How much do they cost?Hair Extensions for short hair?
There are human and artificial hair extensions. Human hair is more expensive and can vary in quality and ethnicity. It can be styled with heat.





Artificial extensions don't look as real but are less creepy to some people since it isn't some else's hair. They are generally cheaper. They can't be styled with a curling iron or they will melt, but you can use curlers.





As for damage:


What kind of extensions are you getting:


-Glue in types will damage you hair no matter how long they are in, since they will rip out some hair even after being melted.


-weave type extensions won't stay in long for any hair type other than kinky or tightly curled hair since the cornrows will loosen in a week or so. They extensions themselves won't damage your hair but if the cornrows are too tight they can cause traction alopecia- meaning your hair will fall out after it's been pulled too much.


-clip in extensions don't need to be kept in for a long time since it only takes a minute to put them on. But if you did leave them on for a while they might hurt to sleep on and might break some hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment