Thursday, August 12, 2010

How to get my short hair to hold curls well...?

My hair is just below my shoulders, and I have short side bangs. I normally flat-iron it, or just wear it pinned to the side with a cute clip or whatever. But whenever I curl my hair, it only holds for like twenty minutes, and is gone before I'm going to whatever place I'm going to, which sucks.


So the question is: how do I get my short hair to hold the curls well, and make them last for at least a few hours? I


I normally just use a curling iron, and a light spray of Dove hairspray or something, but I'm open to options(: Are there any special products I need? Nothing out rageously expensive, pleaseee.


Thank you!How to get my short hair to hold curls well...?
My hair is fine and straight - it's very hard to get it to hold curls, especially in the windy climate here. Although I have long hair, this is the only thing that works for me:


- Hot rollers are a must. Definitely one of the best $20 purchases I've ever made!


- I apply strong hold mousse to wet/damp hair, although with some ';root boosting'; spray (not a must for you probably, unless you have fine hair, then I'd recommend it).


-Then I blow dry...


-Then I set my hair with the rollers and leave them in for at least 20 minutes, more is better.


-Remove rollers and finger-comb a little.


-Set with aerosol hair spray. My fav is Big Sexy Hair ';Spray and Play Harder'; but that's again because I'm looking for volume too.





This usually holds all day or night. It also works well on unwashed hair, like if you washed it the day before - then I still add a little mousse and always plenty hair spray.





I hope that helps! It's fun to try something different with your hair.How to get my short hair to hold curls well...?
well if you have a flat iron i would think you would have a blow dryer so you should blow dry your curls so then it will stay and ya. so i think that will help and maybe use a stronger hair spray
use a curl enhancing shampoo and a curl enhancing gel. scrunch it and let it dry.....then, use a non-stiff hairspray lightly and then, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF and OUT OF IT!!!!! don't mess with it after it's 'done'....

No comments:

Post a Comment